Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Moro Rock

Matthew & I were able to do one hike without the kids. We got up early Sunday morning and climbed Moro Rock. It is a giant granite dome. The trail is only 1/4 mile and has about 400 stairs climbing 350 feet up. The sides drop off over 1000 feet. The mountains in the background form the Great Western Divide. The air was very hazy due to forest fires. (Not in Sequoia) Matthew standing by a sign at the top. The drop just goes on and on!
Me on the peak. Elevation 6725, but it seems higher than that! We were fortunate to be the only ones up there! It was beautiful! I last climbed this 22 years ago when I was 10.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good memory! I don't think those handrails were there 22 years ago. I remember feeling very nervous with all three of you girls up on top at the same time. My poor mother had to deal with 7 kids running all over the top of Moro rock, long before any safety measures were in place! Next time you're there I hope you can get to the top in time to watch the sun rise. It is absolutely magnificent!