Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memorial

Here's the whole group. Our family is huge! My grandpa has 8 kids (all married), 25 grand kids, (I'm the oldest!) and many great grand kids! All but a few came! We had a memorial service for him at a beautiful clearing in the woods where we had my grandma's service 3 years ago. Several people took turns sharing memories of him. My mom read a letter from his niece, and read the Bible verse that changed his thinking near the end of his life-something about God's word bringing understanding. I can't remember exactly. It was a nice service.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The verse your grandpa asked me to share is Psalm 119:130 - "The entrance of your words gives light, and the simple gain understanding." He came to the realization that as we let God's words enter our being those very words become light for us, giving us understanding. He wanted his grandchildren to read (and/or listen to) God's words, to let them enter, and do the work they are meant to do.