Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter Wonder Land

Our winter wonderland has become a little too wondrous! I haven't measured it yet, but there's about 3 feet of snow at our house, so... We have been camping out for the last two nights at my parents house! Neither of us are able to do much shoveling, since Matthew is still on crutches and can't put pressure on his leg, and I have learned from previous winters not to shovel while pregnant, unless I want some serious sciatic nerve pain!

The kids are having a great time helping Grandpa shovel and sledding with Grandma!



Here's what our house looks like. The deck is almost filled to the railing. It's higher than the windows.




Here's Matthew's jeep. Do you think he can get out? It has 4 wheel drive...
We did have our driveway plowed once, and my dad has been keeping it kind of shoveled between snowfalls, (and shoveling out lots of other people too!) but it's still too much for our van to handle! The jeep has already been shoveled out once, and this is the snowfall since then.



It's beautiful and could be fun, but a lot of work! I must officially be an adult now. Oh dear.

6 comments:

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

That's crazy, I am glad I don't have to deliver mail in that junk.

Da Baums said...

Oh dear Caren you weren't kidding! You guys got a ton more snow than us. I think we live in the tropical zone of Ketchikan. Let us know if you guys need help shoveling out!

Ketchikan Walkers said...

Happy New Year! The Walkers can sympathize, we're so thankful that we purchased a snowblower this year. Scott has been kept quite busy between both houses, plus coming to the aid of our neighbors.

The snow is beautiful but I have had enough, I'll be happy when the rain returns!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! If that what it takes to get your family to come stay with us I hope it happens every year! That was fun! Let's do it in the summer too so that I can spend the days playing with the children on the deck!

Anonymous said...

By the way, THANK YOU JASEN for building such a strong deck!

Pickrell Pirates said...

You know, I've been exceptionally grateful this year that our house isn't on a hill of any kind. I sympathize with your plight. And I never thought that I would miss the rain so much.